As an early-adopter and pioneer, Extality is an experienced provider in the design and development of applications for XR (Extended Reality). Our deep knowledge of high-performance 3D application development ensures our clients the best-looking and best-performing projects available.
In support of our CTO we are looking for a senior Unity engineer as we build up a new team facing new opportunities in the ever evolving landscapes of augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR). We are looking to solve complex and special challenges for our clients.
The mission for the senior Unity engineer is to deliver high-quality code for the Magic Leap platform, in addition to developing processes and the pipeline for a tight integration of Unity, Unreal Engine and C++ at Extality.
Key functions of the job
- Successfully deliver multiple work-for-hire jobs to high-profile, demanding clients, based upon the business development efforts of the company
- Hands-on development using C++, Unity and Unreal Engine
- Develop for Magic Leap and other Augmented Reality platforms
- Developer's portion of client jobs are delivered on-time (or ahead of schedule) to the client’s delight
- Document all code in a clean and clear fashion such that it can be handed off to external developers w/o additional instruction
- Build a stable, customizable development process & pipeline
- Quickly resolve level 1 and 2 bugs
- Establish rigorous unit testing for all client deliverables
- Establish integration testing for all major deliveries
- Unity experience (minimum 4 years)
- C++ proficiency (minimum 3 years)
- Experience writing and maintaining unit tests
- Experience in high quality software architecture
- Experience with process and pipeline automation
- Experience with data-driven designs
- Deep understanding of 3D graphics and shaders
- Strong data structures, logic and algorithmic skills
- Strong debugging skills
- Experience working with prototype hardware
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working on Virtual Reality products
- Experience working on Augmented Reality products
- Visual attention to detail
- Are self-motivated and thrive in entrepreneurial environments
- Have an innate passion for all things XR (AR/MR/VR)
- Love to own your work and collaborate with internal and external partners
- Love to work with pre-release and prototype hardware and software
- Have an infectious and dedicated team spirit
- Love creating compelling digital content for millions of people to enjoy
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter and salary expectations.
Extality prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.